[Linux-Anyway] Update: Bash help?

  • From: Meph Istopheles <Meph@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway <Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 10:59:08 -0800 (PST)

   OK, I think I'm onto something to get the prompt to look as I
like, but I'm not sure.

   Man bash tells me that using \@ will give me what I want, but
it comes out a little off -- at least it's ~what~ I want, just
now ~how~ I want it.

   So, I see:

\D{format}  the  format  is passed to strftime(3) and the result
is inserted into the prompt string; an empty format results in a
locale-specific  time representation.  The braces are required.

   With this I would add {%H%M}, but that produces:

~/10.58 $

   Now that I have that much, is there a way to also add (in
lower-case) "am" & "pm" depending upon the meridian?

   Meph

--
   Sex is not the answer.  Sex is the question.  "Yes" is the
   answer.