[Linux-Anyway] Two hubs, one network

  • From: Meph Istopheles <Meph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway <Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 14:40:33 -0700 (PDT)

  Hey,

  I'd asked Scott about this early this morning, but I guess he's
busy.

  I'll give more detail than I'd given him:

  Yesterday I had four 'puters on the same domain connecting to
the same hub & each using the isp's gateway, dns, etc via adsl.
I decided that I had to rearrange my work area & now have that
hub a few feet too far away for my longest cable to reach to my
brother's 'puter.

  I then took my other hub (which works), plugged it in & hooked
up a cross-over cable between the two hubs (in the proper ports)
& then hooked up my brother's 'puter.  While I can access to &
from this 'puter within the network, that 'puter can't see the
gateway or, natually, anything beyond.

  It was accessing just fine through the main hub, but when I
ping the gateway, I get:

From Nuit.Aeon-AL.Net (63.249.19.73): Destination Host
Unreachable

  What am I missing?