[Linux-Anyway] Re: On /home/user/mail

  • From: Meph Istopheles <meph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2018 13:40:06 -0700 (PDT)

> >   Heh.  Was I supposed to touch the file mail/mbox, which is
> > what I'd done, or not?  The mail's still in
> > /var/spool/mail/meph after adding the line, logging out &
> > back in.

> Maybe, but is fresh mail coming into the new location?

  No.  It's still all going to & staying in /var/spool/mail/meph.

> Setting the MAIL variable won't make mail which has already
> been sucked up jump to the new location.

  Hence touching mail/mbox....  Would this variable copy what's
in /var/spool/mail/meph, or transfer mail that's in there to
mail/mbox?

  At the moment, I still have pine looking in
/var/spool/mail/meph, & I'm simply ls -al'ing =AC/mail to see if
the size of the touched file mbox has changed.  Am I doing
something I shouldn't?

--
  Today is a good day to bribe a high-ranking public official.