[Linux-Anyway] FTP access

  • From: Meph Istopheles <Meph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux Anyway <Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 15:11:25 -0700 (PDT)

  Hey,

  I'd recently set up ftp access for Scott & for another box on
my lan.  Each works fine, but a friend in Poland whom I'm
allowing to mirror a site on my server can't get in.  I'm pretty
sure I'd edited all the same files for his login as I had for
Scott's, but I can't figure out what may be missing.

  Later -- after many failed attempts to connect, I'd tried
configuring with WebMin, but things are still the same -- Scott
was allowed access, ~I~ was allowed access from another 'puter,
but still the errors at each end for the guy in Poland is simply
"Connection failed".

  Is there an easier way to configure ftp access in the hopes I
can finally fix what's not allowing him in?

  Meph

--
  Eleanor Rigby
  Sits at the keyboard