[Linux-Anyway] Re: Ethics

  • From: "Godwin Stewart" <gstewart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Linux-Anyway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 19:18:17 +0200

From: "Horror Vacui" <horrorvacui@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [Linux-Anyway] Re: Ethics

> Children are no different than other humans. Child abuse is exactly as
> repulsive as rape, and should be handled in a similar manner. Violence
> is repulsive, and it hardly matters whether the victims are children or
> adults.

Just one question: do you have children of your own?

My opinion is that child abuse is more repulsive than abuse of adults,
because a child cannot answer and/or fight back. Adults who prey on kids
usually use their position of authority (eg. teacher, cop, parent, priest)
to coerce their prey into whatever sick games they had in mind. If the child
hasn't already been lured into such a trap then (s)he can't know what the
abuser has in mind.

G. Stewart.