[lifesaviors] Enjoy your vacation, Jeurgen

  • From: "Lion Kuntz" <lionkuntz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lifesaviors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 14:15:36 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Juergen Paulussen"
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 16:26:29 +0200
To: lifesaviors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lifesaviors] Re: LifeSaviors email list is back up.

> Dear all,
> after three weeks rest I will step into discussion of ecocity technologies
> again in beginning of August. Since we will start another consultation on
> ecocity development in China soon (for Guangzhou City), opportunity and need
> for new ideas is needed and appriciated.
>

> Juergen Paulussen,
> Beijing

I am sure you will like some new pages I will have posted by that date.
Geopolymers are patented chemical technology from France which makes a
carbonless cement, artificial zeolite stone, which is totally fireproof,
water-resistant, chemically inert to almost every chemical attack, stronger and
cheaper than Portland cement, has no corroding members, sets up hard in four
hours rather than days. Roman Pozzolano cement made to a similar formula has
lasted over 2,000 years so far.

Coupled with that is Octet Trusses made of fiberglass reinforced plastic which
are pressure-packed with geopolymer mud, and then thermoset. The 9-way strain
transfer of the octet trusses fully embedded in the stone makes high tensile
strength earthquake resistant fireproof building posts, beams, and concrete
boards. Combined with high-pressure earth blocks, I predict a 75% reduction in
materials costs for a comparable steel-reinforced concrete structure.
Additional savings of another 50% can be obtained by reusing the same building
forms and engineering plans for additional iterations of the same structural
model.

Completely new machinery will have to be built to replace interim hand-made
modular built octet trusses. Basic units are glued, then sewn, with high
strength fibers into mats and joists. Surplus unskilled labor can be employed
in the interim period to hand make what can be efficiently mass prosuced in
automated equipment eventually.

Bamboo reinforced geopolymers and concrete are being researched for their
100-year integrity. If they pass the first scruitiny, then fireproof
bamboo-reinforced palaces are closer to becoming reality.\

Regardless of ultimate use, large-scale bamboo plantations need to be planted
now -- it takes a minimum of 4 years for bamboo to obtain minumum structural
strength, and bamboo plantations are doubly effective in drawing down CO2
greenhouse gases as forests. If the Chinese can be convinced to plant enough
bamboo, they can safely join Kyoto treaty without harsh industrial
repercussions. The bamboo growth will buy the necessary time to build PV
breeder farms (Gobi sunny enough?) and ditch carbon as fuels completely within
a decade.

Some models of a power room drive train with multiple flywheels, to overcome
the structural integrity problems of oversized flywheels, will be illustrated.

I will make an illustration of water-submerged cryogenic hydrogen storage tanks
which patch themselves with an ice tourniquet if they ever leak, which are
totally immune from flashback fires from leakages. A blast resistant
chimney-vent based on US Army antiterrorism tests will be described.

Flood-proofing structures are in high demand right now, with 600,000 homeless
people in China, and over 1,500,000 homeless in India and Bangladesh.
"Super-Adobe" (another patented technology) ground floors of Palaces can begin
being built almost immediately using stabilized earth indigenous no-cost
materials.

Finally, I expect to have illustrated aerial views of several sized cities (1
million, 4m, 16m populations) in flyover animations. The compact sizes,
lanscaped greenery (with parks in a ratio of 1:8 to dwelling units) will be
pretty convincing.

Thermodynamics calorie banks reaching silicon purification temperatures will
not be ready by August. A high-thermal gain 100-sun solar concentrators was
discovered on the web, and can/should be incorporated. The design is more
efficient than troughs, needs less tracking, uses low-cost mostly indigenous
materials.

New links pages to sites describing the patented technologies I have found are
forthcoming.

I write all this down less to inform you and more to make a to-do list for
myself.

-- Lion Kuntz
Santa Rosa, California, USA

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup