[libmill] Re: libmill-0.11-beta released!

  • From: Martin Sustrik <sustrik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: libmill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 06:23:08 +0200

Hi!

Thanks to the report. I have added ARM to the list of supported platforms.

One thing I'll need to look at is how to handle UDP packets and
non-blocking DNS lookups (I strapped "http://adns.sourceforge.net/"; onto
libtask, but there's probably a better option now)... don't know if that's
on the radar or not.

UDP should be easy, just use fdwait(). Eentually, we could add UDP library to the project.

As for async DNS it's a bit more complex. On Linux there's getaddrinfo_a but unfortunately it calls back either using a singal or a thread. Which may cause weird interactions with libemill.

I recall seeing a DNS resolver in a for of .c file out there though...

Martin