[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: table path from Python

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 17:18:58 +0100

Hi Michael

Thanks for your help.

Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx> writes:
> The only possibility which crosses my mind is if you either have
> multiple copies (or had multiple copies) of liblouis installed

That was indeed the problem.

> How does the C code of liblouis determine where to find the tables?

Look at lou_getTable. It basically looks in the current directory and in
$install_prefix/share/liblouis/tables (this is sort of hard coded over a
number of makefiles) and is determined at compile time.

> the python bindings only link at runtime and so find what they can
> where as the C code will be linked at compile time.

Since the Python bindings simply use the C code they should be all set.

Thanks again.