[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: segfault with very long table lists

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 16:48:27 +0200

Hi

"John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Increasing MAXSTRING to 512 looks ok to me as at least a temporary
> solution.

I've done that locally now, thanks.

> You probably knolw that the getTable function already
> allocates memory dynamically for table lists. Could this be expanded?

Yes, that is not the problem. The sore spots are more to do with
constructing the completePath from tablePath and fileName in compileFile
for example. Or copying the tablelist into tablePath (in
compileTranslationTable). Or copying tableList into newList and buffer
(in doLang2table). It seemed quite a bit of work to get this going, so I
thought I'd take the easy route :-)

> I'll look into it a bit also. Others who might be concerned should give
> feedback on this.

I'd be especially interested to hear from people like ViewPlus or Baum
who (I assume) deploy liblouis on their devices. They probably wouldn't
like it if we'd consume more memory for no good reason.