[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: liblouis-liblouisxml installation truble

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 17:28:18 +0100

Hi Lars

On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 09:33 +0100, Lars Bjørndal wrote:
> Please find attached the .spec files I use to create rpm packages under
> Fedora. Maybe someone could build them into the configure system in
> such a way that the version etc. is updated automatically? Feel free
> to modify the files as needed.

I think it would not be very hard to integrate them in the configure
system. However ultimately I think we should find people who are willing
to maintain a package for a distribution. I think there is much more to
packaging than just keeping a spec file up-to-date. I looked briefly at
the packaging guidelines for fedora and it looks like quite a bit of
work (for someone who has no experience). But then again for someone who
knows his or her way around all the guidelines for the particular
distribution I think liblouis(xml) should not be very hard to package,
since it is a fairly straight forward autotools package.

In Debian for example you can request a software to be packaged. Maybe
there is something similar in fedora? Maybe we should get the ball
rolling with packaging?

Swiss Library for the Blind and Visually Impaired