[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: liblouis for java

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 08:07:09 -0500

The Java bindings in liblouisutdml are designed particularly for use
with BrailleBlaster. Many of them call liblouis functions, but they
usually add a parameter for a log file. Others have names that look like
the names of liblouis functions, but actually call liblouisutdml
functions, for example, translateString. the file2Brl method in the
bindings enables one to use the capability of the file2brl program
within a BrailleBlaster framework.

It would be possible for someone to revise the Java and C bindings so
that they apply specifically to liblouis. This should not be too
difficult. We do have a liblouis.org domain. Try the link
www.liblouisl.org A class solely for liblouis should therefore be named
org.liblouis.liblouis.java

The liblouis bindings were included in the liblouisutdml.java class to
avoid having more than one set of bindings and to accommodate the need
for a log file.

John