[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: liblouis fails configure on MacOS

  • From: "Michael Whapples" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mwhapples@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 19:02:49 +0000

Well I had that with Gentoo Linux as well and reported it some time ago, obviously its not a concern here. I believe it was said that makeinfo 5 has been out for sometime now and so everyone should upgrade.

For Gentoo Linux it was possible to use unstable packages from the Gentoo repository, not ideal really.

For the Mac when I tried building there, I used MacPorts to get makeinfo 5, I feel not really acceptable at all though. I only have MacPorts due to needing other packages and it felt may be the simplest solution for all the packages I need, certainly wouldn't want it just for one package.

Others use other package managers on MacOSX.

Michael Whapples

On 02/03/2015 18:54, Greg Kearney wrote:
Well as usual the latest versions of libouis (2.6.0) are failing to build on
MacOS. The first issue I get is that makeinfo expects a version 5 or better but
MacOS 10.10 has version 4.8

Commonwealth Braille & Talking Book Cooperative
Greg Kearney, General Manager
#320, 185-911 Yates Street
Victoria, BC V8V 4Y9
CANADA