[liblouis-liblouisxml] file2brl with no developer evironment

  • From: Greg Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 11:15:32 -0700

OK so I'm just not going to give up on this. I have installed file2brl on a new
Mac Mini with no development tools install just as it come from the store. I
did install the program otool so that I could check depencies on the file2brl
program. This is what I get:

AXtester:lib administrator$ otool -L /usr/local/bin/file2brl
/usr/local/bin/file2brl:
/usr/local/lib/liblouisutdml.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0,
current version 7.8.0)
/usr/local/lib/liblouis.2.dylib (compatibility version 6.0.0, current
version 6.3.0)
/opt/local/lib/libxml2.2.dylib (compatibility version 12.0.0, current
version 12.1.0)
/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
version 1197.1.1)
/opt/local/lib/libz.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
version 1.2.8)
/opt/local/lib/liblzma.5.dylib (compatibility version 6.0.0, current
version 6.5.0)
/opt/local/lib/libiconv.2.dylib (compatibility version 8.0.0, current
version 8.1.0)

As can be seen I have all the dependent libraries and they are all the correct
versions. So now I run file2brl which, if everyting is working right should
show the following results:

gkearney$ file2brl
Begin read_configuration_file
Finish read_configuration_file

However in this environment with no developer tools when I run file2brl I get
the following:

AXtester:lib administrator$ file2brl
dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libxml2.2.dylib
Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/file2brl
Reason: Incompatible library version: file2brl requires version 12.0.0 or
later, but libxml2.2.dylib provides version 10.0.0
Trace/BPT trap: 5

As you can see despite the fact that otool reports I have libxml2.2.dylib
version 12.1.0 the program believe it is looking at version 10.0.0

Commonwealth Braille & Talking Book Cooperative
Greg Kearney, General Manager
#320, 185-911 Yates Street
Victoria, BC V8V 4Y9
CANADA