[liblouis-liblouisxml] [fhaxbox66@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Re: liblouis on Windows]

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <johnjboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 22:31:10 -0500

In view of the recent discussion of Python bindings, here is some
private correspondence from a nommember. He seems to have some good
ideas.

I think I'll let Jamie make any commits of Python material.

----- Forwarded message from Leo <fhaxbox66@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> -----

Subject: Re: liblouis on Windows
From: Leo <fhaxbox66@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 16:00:47 +0200
To: "John J. Boyer" <johnjboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

John,

I have had another look at the win32 dll and the Python bindings and I
have made it work. The issue was that I had copied the dll in the
package dir rather than a system dir where Windows normally searches
for dll's. To find this out I had to read the docs for the ctypes
module (in the Python standard library). I have also added support for
Liblouis to my Transcribo program (10 lines). But over all this is
still in alpha stage.

Regards

Leo

----- End forwarded message -----