[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: ctypes and bad trailing pad byte

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 10:47:09 +0100

Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx> writes:
> Now this leaves the puzzling facts of why the different translation
> result

I know this problem remains.

> and why it only showed at the point of returning the function
> (as seen the translation was obtained from the lou_translateString
> call).

I don't quite understand what you mean here. Are you saying that
lou_translateString returns the correct translation and it is somehow
mangled at the point of the return of the louis.translateString function
in the Python bindings? I can't reproduce that effect.

I'll write a small test case in C and see what the result is. According
to Christian Waldvogel there is some problem anyway with italics and
multiple words. Maybe it's a problem of the de-ch-g2.ctb table. But then
that wouldn't explain the different behavior of the python interface.
I'll get back to the list if I know more.

Thanks.