[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: a question with latest hungarian Libreoffice.org hyphenation table related

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxx>
  • To: Hammer Attila <hammera@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 09:27:39 +0200

Hammer Attila <hammera@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Usual have some unicode characters with this hyphenation table with
> not defined in hu-chardefs.cti file, for example \xfb00 and \xfb01
> unicode characters. I don't no visualy what showing this characters,
> because Espeak only spokening me unicode simbol codes.

From looking at your error log it appears that there are only about five
characters missing. If you google for "unicode fb00" you'll end up on
http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/fb00/index.htm which tells
you that these are ligature characters (LATIN SMALL LIGATURE FF). These
seem to matter for hyphenation.

> This situation what the best fix method? Remove the hyphenation table
> this unknown simbols containing lines, or define a dot number in the
> hu-chardefs.cti file

If I were you I'd just define the missing chars in hu-chardefs.cti. You
can probably just define them as ff, fi, etc in terms of dot patterns