[liblouis-liblouisxml] Virtual dots usage question

  • From: Hammer Attila <hammera@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 09:44:14 +0200

Hy,

I try playing little with hungarian backtranslation related problem.
I found a very similar norvegian related backtranslate thread in 2008. I think backtranslate related problem happening in hu-hu-g1.ctb table because unfortunately a dot combination need defining more character.
Thread link is following:
//www.freelists.org/post/liblouis-liblouisxml/Norwegian-BackTranslation-Problem

For example, I resolve the adásszerű word backtranslate problem if I changing uplow Űű rule dot combination with 23456-a. Both \x0170 or \x0171 beginning words backtranslated correct, but my braille display after 23456 dot combination an empty cell. 23456a dot combination is not good, because this change resulting not six dot braille output the \x0170 or \x0171 characters. I using right Liblouis virtual dots feature? Have any table operator with I possible determine I always want six dot braille output? Six dot braille is need with hungarian contracted braille. Now the hu-hu-g1.ctb table is six dot braille table, but I would like resolve anyway this backtranslation related issue.

Attila