[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Updated Norwegian tables

  • From: lars@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Lars Bjørndal)
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 22:30:56 +0100

Hello, John!

You wrote:

> I have looked at your tables. However, the .dis files will not meet the
> requirements of NVDA because they do not define translations. To define
> a translation you need a file containing at least character-definition
> opcodes. Look at en-us-comp8.ctb . .dis fpes are used to change the
> mapping of dots to characters for devices that have a different mapping
> than that defined in the character-definition opcodes. For an example of
> this, look at en-us-brf.dis

Yes, I know that. What I said, or ment to say, is that I used the
.dis files as basement for the no-no.ctb and no-gen.ctb. The 'display'
opcode is replaced by the 'sign' opcode. So, for NVDA, I think we can
use either no-no.ctb or no-gen.ctb depending on which braille
character table we'd like to use.

In BRLTTY we also have two tables, which are called no-oub.ttb (which
is the standard one), and no-generic.ttb. The files for NVDA could be
named something similar (no-gen.ctb - gen means generic).

Please tell me if something is still unclear.

Regards,
Lars