[liblouis-liblouisxml] Update on my LibLouisUTDML MathML patch

  • From: Michael Whapples <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, brailleblaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 15:51:33 +0000

Hello,
I tested one case I suspected might cause my patch an issue.

The case is of having nested nodes which get styles applied.

Just for testing purposes I added a style for mrow. OK, may be a bit made up, but this was simply for testing.

Unfortunately this lead to no translation appearing in the brl node for the math node. NOTE: When having the config file formatFor textDevice the output did lead to some output, not sure if fully correct (or correct to what would be expected), but more than when formatFor utd.

So my questions are:
* Was this may be over testing, could nested styled nodes appear in MathML in reality? * Any reason why this should happen? Just immediate thoughts which may guide me on the solution.

Michael Whapples