[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: UTD Layout and Processingt

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 12:05:26 +0100

"John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> (Universal Tactile Document). Here is a proposed outline for a UTD. It
> tries to follow dtbook structure and terminology, but some new tags will
> be necessary.
>
> Feedback anyone?

Very interesting! What strikes my mind is that UTD is in some ways very
similar to PEF in that it is an XML format of the layout the the Braille
page. So I guess it wouldn't be very hard to produce PEF from it. It
could maybe be used as an intermediate format for lets say multi-volume
splitting.

On the other hand the layout is going to be changed if the print
sections are also to fit on the page. Hmm, maybe it cannot be used as
intermediate format which has been laid out already.

How are you going to use the sync sections?