[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: UEB numeric mode update

  • From: Bert Frees <bertfrees@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 14:12:35 +0100

Thanks Michael,

Sounds like a useful addition.

A suggestion for the sake of keeping opcodes short and easy to remember: maybe
use "numlike" instead of "numericmodechars"? Similarly, for the case of defining
non-letter characters that don't generate a word_reset bit (what we talked about
the other day), maybe the opcode could be named "caplike". Just an idea.

By the way Joseph's explanation of litdigit was not correct I think:

> If I undetstand the docs right, a lit digit (literary digit) is the one
> proceeded by a number sign.

If I understand the code correctly, litdigit has only two purposes (see also
http://snaekobbi.github.io/liblouis-table-spec/#litdigit):

- A character defined as litdigit can be matched with the $D wildcard in
  multipass scripts.
- If a character defined as litdigit follows a word defined as joinword, the
  space between the word and the litdigit is dropped.

A numsign is inserted before any sequence of digit, decpoint and midnum, so it
has nothing to do with litdigit.

project pages go to http://liblouis.org