[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Thoughts onn a new liblouis*

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 10:57:27 -0500

The reason for the typeform parameter is to avoid having to edit the
input text. This was considered near the beginning and rejected. It
would also greatly complicate indexing, which is important forr editing
in BrailleBlaster and in the ViewPlus applications.

So what do you propose for solving the problems with handling the often
conflicting requirements for the placement of Braille indicators in the
various Braille codes? We need that in a few months.

John