[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Status ueb integration

  • From: Davy Kager <DavyKager@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 08:27:37 +0000

Hi Chris and others,

Some more about the yaml harness.

Changing the way begcaps/endcaps are handled in the UEB patches squashes a
number of of failures. See my e-mail from yesterday.
Backtranslation still isn't up to par, see hu-hu-g1_backward.yaml. An
interesting point here is that check_yaml reports 1 failure whereas the output
shows 2 failures. Bug?

Some other failures look suspiciously like errors in the test data, but I
haven't looked into this yet. For some examples, see the output of
fi_harness.yaml. The test for URLs is a good example. It looks fine in the
Python harness but not in the converted yaml.
Other failures were due to the tests using Unicode 0x2800 (empty braille cell)
instead of regular spaces. There's a PR on GitHub to correct these.

It would be nice to show the typeforms for failures that use them. Any thoughts
on how to do this in a pretty way? See for example
en-us-g2-end-emphasis_harness.yaml. It's not very clear why these are failing
now.

Could the conversion from Python harness to yaml be automated, maybe during
make check? I'm actively developing the Pyython harness tests for the Dutch
tables and would like to keep the yaml side of things up-to-date.
Davy