[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Status UEB integration

  • From: "Susan Jolly" <easjolly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 16:55:09 -0700

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. However, I'm still not sure how liblouis is always able to match up the terminology in a translation table with the terminology provided by liblouisutdml. For example, HTML5 uses its "s" tag to indicate contents that are no longer accurate. Typically this is rendered by struck-through text which is text that is still readable but where the letters have a horizontal line printed across the middle.

If a sighted user transcribing a document to UEB views the rendered source, they will note that some of the text has been what is referred to as "crossed out" in the UEB Rulebook and will thus need to emply a user-defined typeform indicator. However, I don't know how the user is supposed to indicate that for this particular translation the chosen user-defined typeform indicator, such as trans1, is to be used for indicating "crossed out" text. I also don't understand how liblouis would match up the user's "crossed out" terminology with an "s" tag.

SusanJ
For a description of the software, to download it and links to
project pages go to http://liblouis.org