[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: SV: Re: AW: Re: Major problems with german back translation, starting point needed

  • From: Bert Frees <bertfrees@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 11:46:57 +0200

Hi Bue,

The harness support backtranslation mode and it is currently used in

en-GB-g2_harness.txt
hu-hu-comp8_harness.txt
hu-hu-g1_harness.txt

But definitely more should be covered.

I've created a ticket for supporting backtranslation in lou_trace:
https://github.com/liblouis/liblouis/issues/100

Thanks,
Bert

Bue Vester-Andersen writes:

Actually, backtranslation is much harder than one would think. It tempts to
rely on the guesswork that humans can easily do when they read. However, as
liblouis is getting more popular with screenreaders and note-takers, I think
we should care more about back-translation. I would suggest enhancing the
harness tests to also cover back-translation, and also a backtranslate_trace
function like the trace function we currently have for forward translation.
project pages go to http://liblouis.org