[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: SCONS

  • From: James Teh <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 07:32:39 +1000

Scons itself can't build installers. You'll need to use something like NSIS for this, though you can certainly trigger an NSIS build from scons, make or whatever.

Jamie

On 1/03/2012 12:00 AM, John J. Boyer wrote:

My interest in SCONS is primarily because it might help in building an
installer for BrailleBlaster on Windows. We need to make it easy for
potential users to look at. Not all of them understnd the present
installation instructions.

SCONS might be a possibility for liblouis and liblouisutdml in the
future. For now, the autotools files are set up and work nicely on Linux
and Mac. My Windows build procedures actually look at the Makefile.am's
to see what modules to include and at the header files.

James Teh
Director, NV Access Limited
Email: jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Web site: http://www.nvaccess.org/