[liblouis-liblouisxml] Recommendations for UEB tables

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 16:04:06 -0600

Right now the Grade 1 table includes chardefs.cti We need a new table
chardefs-ueb.cti The chardefs.cti contins the dot patterns for U.S.
Braille. the dot patterns in UEB will be different in many cases. The
chardefs.ueb.cti table should contain only character-definition opcodes.
en-ueb-g1.ctb should contain Braille indocators. Indicators such as
lastworditalbefore should be replaced with lastworditalafter The
en-ueb-g1.ctb table should also contain the prepunc and postpunc
opcodes. Lines in en-ueb-g1.ctb such as

always @ 4

should be removed. The always opcode cannot be used to define
charactgers.

I'm going ahead and creating the en-ueb.cti table in svn. It will have
to be modified with the UEB dot patterns.