[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Python bindings and output buffer size for lou_translate*

  • From: James Teh <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 09:59:56 +1000

On 30/07/2010 9:55 AM, Neil Soiffer wrote:
I wonder if this concern over the wasted space in the buffer is a
sign of how old everyone is one the list ;-)
Actually, I'm a relative youngian and I'm still picky about this sort of thing, but anyway... :)

Pick a ridiculously high number for the ratio and move on to working on
what really matters...
In this case, I tend to agree, but I'm not the only one who uses the Python bindings, which is why I asked. I doubt anyone is going to be piping anything huge straight into liblouis - that's more a task for liblouisxml - so I don't see a problem with having a higher ratio.

Jamie

--
James Teh
Vice President