[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Preceding and following lines of centered characters

  • From: Bert Frees <Bert.Frees@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 13:51:18 +0100

Paul,

You are right. I think you have 2 options. I think the second one is
better because of separation of content and presentation.

1. You can either put the series of Braille symbols in your dtbook, like
you did before, but now use the actual Unicode Braille symbol: "⠶" (unicode
2836) instead of "[":
<bridgehead>⠶⠶⠶⠶⠶⠶⠶⠶⠶⠶⠶⠶</bridgehead>
For this to work, your translation table must contain the following line:
sign \x2836 2356

2. Or you can put the series of Braille symbols in your liblouisxml
semantic action file:
style1 hr
\*\x2836\x2836\x2836\x2836\x2836\x2836\x2836\x2836\x2836\x2836\x2836\x2836
Alternatively, you can use the following line instead:
style1 hr \*@2356@2356@2356@2356@2356@2356@2356@2356@2356@2356@2356@2356
... if you include this in your translation table:
exactdots @2356

Hope this helps,
Bert