[liblouis-liblouisxml] More fun with liblouisutdml

  • From: Greg Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 07:44:30 -0700

OK so I got my issue fixed with the older Mac and libouis and go it installed
and liblouisutdml installed as well, once I moved the various Java headings
into the liblouisutdml package. So all is well with that Mac

Now on to the newer Mac, I have liblouis installed cleanly without issue but
when I go to do liblouisutdml I get the following error.

checking for BASE_DEPENDENCIES... configure: error: Package requirements
(liblouis, libxml-2.0) were not met:

No package 'liblouis' found

No I have not done anything unusual, simply downloaded liblouis and did the
standard: ./configure make sudo make install and then did the ./configure on
liblouisutdml

So what is going on here that is different from one Mac to the next? I have no
idea. While I am on the subject why are there two packages to start with. Why
not just a single package that install EVERYTHING, and has all the files it
needs to do so from the get go?

Commonwealth Braille & Talking Book Cooperative
Greg Kearney, General Manager
605 Robson Street, Suite 850
Vancouver BC V6B 5J3
CANADA