[liblouis-liblouisxml] Math Codes

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <johnjboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 03:23:54 -0500

Are there any users of the UK, French or Marburg math codes on this
list?

Work on UK maths continues. I have made up a table of single-cell
character definitions based mostly on the ANSI character-dot mappings.
The table of mathematically significant Unicode characters developed for
Nemeth is being reused, though of course the dot patterns for the
symbols are being changed. The ukmaths.ctb table includes first the
table of single-cell definitions, then the Unicode table. It then uses
the new exactdots opcode to define dot patterns which indicate the
layout of mathematical expressions. These dot patterns are also used in
the ukmathi.sem file. The work is far from complete. After it is
finished I will rewrite the documentation on implementing math codes.
Many new features have been added to liblouis and much has been, and is
being, learned from experience.

My websites:
GodTouches Digital Ministry, Inc. http://www.abilitiessoft.com/godtouches
Abilitiessoft, Inc. http://www.abilitiessoft.com