[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Making an Orca-Friendly GUI for xml2brl

  • From: James Teh <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 09:16:15 +1000

On 5/02/2009 9:01 AM, Willie Walker wrote:
Just a quick note - we often run into problems with wx widget
accessibility. I'm not sure if it is due to people writing custom
widgets or not, but just thought I'd mention it.
I was hoping someone else would be able to comment on this. :) Someone would definitely need to test this before coding. I suspect this project would only require basic controls - menus, buttons, dialogs, text controls, lists, etc. Text controls are the one that might pose some problems, though I'm assuming the standard wxTextCtrl should be ok. The wx html stuff uses webkit, which is not accessible on either Linux or Windows yet. Also, there is one text control in wx that is used for programming editors and the like which is definitely not accessible.

--
James Teh
Email/MSN Messenger/Jabber: jamie@xxxxxxxxxxx