[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Liblouis translation with android

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 09:10:11 +0200

Hi Daniel

On 07/03/2015 02:09 PM, Daniel Dalton wrote:

At this point I've imported the braille-service and braille-client
packages into my eclipse workspace. I'm trying to use the
TranslationService from the eyesefree package, which I understand uses
liblouis.

I'm able to bind to the TranslatorService, but I'm getting an error in
my logcat about liblouiswrap.so can't be found.

AFAIK this might be a problem with the eyesefree package. There is no liblouiswrap.so in liblouis.

Ultimately, I'm just looking for a way to do some basic back translation
from my android app with liblouis. I've also found the liblouis java
bindings, but I just thought it makes sense to go down this path using
the braille service provided by the eyes-free team. If there is a
simpler way to do this though I'm certainly open to ideas.

I can't help you with Android and liblouis, but I get the impression that other people have managed to run liblouis on Android. Maybe using the java API directly might be a simpler option.

HTH

project pages go to http://liblouis.org