[liblouis-liblouisxml] Lars, Yours is the first message

  • From: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Moderator <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 15:01:34 -0600

Lars,

Yours is the first message that didn't come from me. It was sent to me
instead of to the list because I had the list set up for moderated. That
seems to cause problems, so I have reset it to open discussion. Below is
your original message.

<ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> -----
Hello, list!

I've tried to translate and then backtranslate a text string like
"Dette er en test" (this is a test) with the table No-No-g0.utb table
(Norwegian uncontracted braille). When I backtranslate, I get the
letters as numbers, like "45tt5 5 5n t5st". Since the Norwegian tables
are created by ViewPlus, and they only did need the forward
translation, the tables are not made up with the backtranslate
perspective in mind. I've tried to figure out how to get the
backtranslation working, but I really don't understand what's wrong. I
added the litdigit opcode, but it didn't solve my problem.

Could some of you please give me some hints about this?

Lars

----- End forwarded message -----

--
John J. boyer; President, Chief Software Developer
JJB Software, Inc.