[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Interfacing with Windows Applications

  • From: Yuemei Sun <yuemei.sun@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 15:34:11 -0800

Yes, I did modify the source code to decorate the functions that I need with __stdcall. Other than that, I also add a .def file to list all the functions that need to be exported.

Yuemei

James Teh wrote:

On 6/02/2009 10:17 PM, John J. Boyer wrote:

We will probably have to solve the problem that Yuemei found if we are
to make a GUI with most languages.

Python can load either C calling convention or stdcall dlls with no problems. Obviously, the same is probably true if coding in raw C++.

Mingw probably has provisions for
that, since it produces programs that run in a native Windows
environment.

I've investigated this briefly. It seems that it does, although the output may be slightly different. I *think* you need to decorate functions with __stdcall or some such.

Yuemei, did you have to modify the source for liblouis at all to get it to build using stdcall? I was under the impression that you had to decorate functions or declare this somehow.