[liblouis-liblouisxml] Help building file2brl.exe

  • From: "Jake Kyle" <jake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 15:27:30 -0000

Hello,

I am new to the list and to Liblouis. I am not a programmer and am not
experienced at building programs on the command line. I am a braille
transcriber and I am hoping to try using file2brl.exe but I’m stuck at the
building/compiling stage.

I am using Windows and Visual Studio 2015 and the latest versions of Liblouis
and Liblouisutdml. I have followed all the instructions in the README.windows
file in the Liblouisutdml package. The one modification I have found I had to
do to get the final stage to work was this suggested by Paul Wood (thank you
Paul):
line 96 of config.h needs to be changed to:
#if (defined(_MSC_VER) && (_MSC_VER < 1900))
see here for post
//www.freelists.org/post/liblouis-liblouisxml/SV-Re-Prebuilt-Windows-binaries,4

I now have all the files and directories which I think I am supposed to get.

In the “tools” directory I have file2brl.c together with Makefile.am and
Makefile.in but I don’t know how to obtain file2brl.exe from this. If anyone
could help me I’d be very grateful. Forgive me if it is a basic question.

Many thanks,
Jake
Compass Braille, UK