[liblouis-liblouisxml] Errors in liblouis.h when compiling small test program under Windows

  • From: Bue Vester-Andersen <bue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 21:25:18 +0100

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me with this one?

I have made the smallest possible test program in C to be compiled with
VS2008 on Windows. The program looks as follows:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include "liblouis.h"

int main() {
printf ("%s\n", lou_version());
return 0;
}

When I compile the program with the default options, I get the following
errors:

test_liblouis.c
d:\programmering\arcobraille\liblouis.h(76) : error C2143: syntax error :
missing ')' before '*'
d:\programmering\arcobraille\liblouis.h(76) : error C2143: syntax error :
missing '{' before '*'
d:\programmering\arcobraille\liblouis.h(77) : error C2059: syntax error :
'type'
... ETC ETC

Before i go bug hunting in windows\include\liblouis.h, have I overlooked
something completely basic? Except, of course, for the fact that I should be
running a real compiler on a real operating system ETC. ETC.

BTW., the config.h in the same folder still states that the version is
2.5.2.

Hope someone can help me.

Best regards Bue

project pages go to http://liblouis.org