[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: EBAE Treatment of the Word "thorn"

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 16:10:32 +0200

On 08/28/2015 08:24 PM, Rasmussen, Lloyd wrote:

I'm not sure where this bug should be reported, but I have been monitoring this
list for a few weeks.
Debbie Brown and I noticed this first in braille distributed by Bookshare.
Today I rechecked this case using the braille display driver in NVDA 2015-3,
based on Liblouis 2.63, I think.
For English US, Grade 2 (a.k.a. English Braille, American Edition), the rules for "horn"
seem to be over-riding the case of the word "thorn". Consequently, thorn is always being
produced without the th sign. If there is a better mechanism for reporting this, I'm all ears.
Thorn is being handled correctly in the UEB table.
Thank you.

The best way to report this is probably to file an issue at https://github.com/liblouis/liblouis/issues.

The best way to make sure this issue will get fixed would be to improve the table in question and create a pull request or send a patch to the list.

Die Android-App für SBS-Hoerbuecher ist da! Jetzt kostenlos im Google Play
Store herunterladen.
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.dedicon.sbsleser)
project pages go to http://liblouis.org