[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Doing fork from CLI

  • From: David Sweetman <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 23:11:45 -0400

There are several github cli clients that might be of interest — the one I use
is called hub, which has support for creating pull requests by running:
hub pull-request

And optionally takes some arguments like:
hub pull-request -b github-username:their-branch-name -h
my-username:my-branch-name

It can't list open requests, however it does support checking out a branch
straight from a pull request url, so if you have the url, you can just do:
hub checkout https://github.com/username/projectname/pull/12 custom-branch-name

Then after reviewing the changes, merging them into the target branch, and
pushing upstream, github will automatically close out the request.

The hub github page is:
https://github.com/github/hub