[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Danish braille table

  • From: "Mike Sivill" <mike.sivill@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 11:42:48 -0700

Hi,
As far as ViewPlus is concerned we are using screen fonts to produce our
8-dot Danish braille, so I'm sure your table would be a great addition to
the liblouis library. I know other software is also using liblouis for its
braille, one example is Code Factory's screen readers for mobile phones. So
it opens up these options for them as well.

We are using liblouis' uncontracted literary table for Danish and it seems
to work fine. I have been in the process of converting an old table of
Danish braille contractions from NFBTrans to a LibLouis table as well. Are
you familiar with the prevalence of Danish contracted braille, Daniel?

Mike