[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Can anyone answer this Gnu autotools question?

  • From: Cameron Wong <hgneng@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 18:53:41 +0800

Hi John,

> Where is the datadir macro defined?
The macro should be defined in Makefile, which can be config with
`configure --datadir=...`. The default value is "PREFIX/share'
You can also try `grep datadir * -nr` to find the keyword in all files.

> The .c source files contain #ifdef statements for various "ENABLED"
> variables. I can't find these either in the Makefile or conf.h
It may be defined in config.h. But it may not be defined if it's not
enabled. It can be changed by `configure --enable-...`. You can try
`configure -h` to find what things can be enabled. The ENABLE_XXX and
HAVE_XXX items are defined in configure.ac

Cameron
http://www.eguidedog.net - free software for the blind.