lg-it Civica Authority, Exchange Online and Gmail

  • From: Stephen Butt <S.Butt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lg-it@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lg-it@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 01:08:59 +0000

Good Morning all,

We migrated our email from on premise to Exchange Online a couple of years ago however Authority is still using the old mail gateway to send from on premise because 6.11 only has an option for Anonymous SMTP that we could find.  This week google raised the security on gmail and started bouncing all the payroll and accounts emails, probably because it identified them as potential scam emails since they don’t come from the IP address associated with our mail server.  Is anyone else experiencing this issue?  Can anyone confirm if Authority 7.1 has support for Exchange Online as an email provider?  Any suggestions on how to work around it?  We have raised a ticket with Civica but haven’t had a response as yet.

Thanks,

Stephen.

Stephen Butt
IT Infrastructure Team Lead
Mosman Municipal Council
e S.Butt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Civic Centre, Mosman Square | Spit Junction NSW 2088
t 02 9978 4015| m 0419 784 015

Mosman Council acknowledges the Borogegal and Cammeraigal people as the traditional custodians of our local area.
We pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging and acknowledge their spiritual connection to Country.

IMPORTANT: The information contained within this transmission is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of,
 or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipients, is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from
any computer on which it may exist. This email is subject to copyright and no part should be reproduced, adapted or
communicated without the written consent of the copyright owner. Mosman Municipal Council does not guarantee the accuracy
or completeness of any information contained in this e-mail or attached files and accepts no legal responsibility. The views
 expressed are not necessarily those of Council. This message has been scanned for Viruses and cleared by Microsoft 365.

JPEG image

JPEG image