[lektrik_flyers] Re: Question of the day.

  • From: "Bill Beavers" <bbeavers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lektrik_flyers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 21:18:19 -0500

Hee hee... Well you are right about the working on the plane stuff John, =
have just finished a Fancy Foam Pitts 12 and for mounting the motor it =
is
ready to try out! ;)

As for the configuration instructions, what they are describing is the
settings for programming your radio to help you perform some of the =
magical
stuff that we all aspire to do.  For example, just like you dial in Expo =
for
more sensitive control for the stick from the center outward, you also =
make
flapperon, elevon, etc., settings for each of the servo's that are =
involved
to get the desired effect.  I am not sure from radio to radio how this =
is
accomplished, but in many cases once you have made a setting for say =
aileron
channel 1 and 6 for say 30 degrees, and then the elevator channel 2 for =
8
degrees, then at a paticular time when you push the sticks for each of
these, or spin a dial, or throw a switch, those settings take place =
putting
the plane in that orientation for the effect.  I am going to have to =
learn
how to do the same thing on my Hitec, but I have already noticed in the
programming modes that under flapperon mode, I have the ability to set =
the
forward and minus values for each servo for various modes.  I know this
isn't terribly clear, but that is about the extent of my knowledge on it
until I have made all these settigs on my radio for the Pitts.  I'll try =
let you know more as I discover more.

I also have an Edge 540 and Cap 232 in the hangar ready for build up.  =
Gonna
give the Pitts the go first though! ;-)

Hope we can get a nice day maybe Wednesday or Thursday but as for the =
BBQ
this Saturday, I don't think I can do it.  I might be able to fly some
Saturday afternoon for sure, but I have to do some things here at the =
house
most of the morning and early PM Saturday so I will have to forgo the =
BBQ
but the rest of you should go ahead with it if others are onboard with =
that.

Let's hope for some fly time this week and weekend at least.

--
Bill Beavers
Director of Technology

This e-mail and any files and attachments transmitted with it are =
private
and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they =
are
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the employee or =
agent
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, any =
use of
this information or dissemination or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited.