[lektrik_flyers] Re: Astute

  • From: "John N Wingo" <wingoj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lektrik_flyers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:29:50 -0500

Well coop I have built a brand new p 51 from scratch has about a 40 inch
wing span combination of foam, wood and slow stick parts, and it looks
cool and I think it will fly. =20
I have also built what I'm calling a new stumpy stick not sure it will
fly But it's going to be fun trying wood and foam and about 85%
complete, Hope to finish it tonight also.=20

Also have rewound a Brushless to a delta configuration, with much
heavier wire and it seems to run alright haven't fully tested it I just
hooked it to a controller to see if it would lite up and sing, it did
and it tried to run but I didn't have my transmitter hooked up to
calibrate it, left TR on and had to recharge it will test it tonight. It
will pull a lot of amps, I'm not sure how much with the wire I'm using.
I Pulled the wire out of a fan motor off a school bus (hee hee).

 Also have a two wire brushless that I have taken apart that I want to
rewire, WILL BE TRICKY but we can do it we have the technology the six
million dollar brushless has a controller and everything It will be
interesting to see if I can make it work with a standard controller hope
I can. May not need a expensive three wire controller and it has a huge
magnet aught to be able to launch a 10 lb plane if I get it running. The
trick will be converting it to a delta some controllers have problems
with that factory Y configuration so I'm contemplating 4 stator delta
not the usual nine or twelve stator wiring scheme.   =20