I'm happy to announce the first release candidate for Leiningen 2.8.0.
The biggest change is that we went from using an old abandoned version
of Aether to the one under the Apache organization which has ongoing
support. This involved some changes to the package names of underlying
classes, which ideally is just an implementation detail, but we decided
it would be better to proceed with a release candidate to flush out
Other nice things include a number of handy subcommands for the `deps`
task for getting quicker answers to your dependency questions. We have
also rewritten the `search` task so that it uses remote search of Maven
Central and Clojars; no more waiting for half an hour for hundreds of
megabytes of indices to download.
Here's a full list of user-visible changes:
* Project middleware, hooks, and the `:test` profile are considered deprecated.
* Help output no longer includes TOC output. (Irina Renteria)
* The `vcs` task allows the commit message to be customized. (Toby Crawley)
* JVMs on 8u131 and newer will default to using cgroups settings for memory
limits. (Phil Hagelberg)
* Add `:query` subcommand to `deps` to quickly find latest versions. (Phil
* Fix a bug where dependency resolution wasn't cached correctly. (Phil
* Warn when `$CLASSPATH` is set. (Phil Hagelberg)
* Default to requiring TLS for remote repositories. (Phil Hagelberg)
* Remove warning when running as root. (Phil Hagelberg)
* Add `:why` subtask to `deps` for tracing individual deps. (Phil Hagelberg)
* Remove clj-http and cheshire dependencies, reducing likelihood of conflict
* Warn when plugin dependencies conflict with Leiningen's own. (Phil Hagelberg)
* Fix a bug where repls outside a project were not run in Leiningen's own
process. (Phil Hagelberg)
* Add `:plugin-tree` and `:tree-data` subtasks to `deps`. (Ken Restivo)
* Support skipping bootclasspath for Java 9 compatibility. (Phil Hagelberg)
* Allow `vcs` task to skip signing tags. (Nicolas Berger)
* The `search` task no longer downloads indices but hits live search APIs.
* Remove duplicate exclusions in `lein deps` (Emlyn Corrin)
* Leiningen is now installable again via chocolatey (Florian Anderiasch)
* Dependency names can be specified as strings in addition to symbols (Wes
Preliminary support for Java 9 exists; to use Leiningen on Java 9 at
this time you must export the `LEIN_SKIP_BOOTCLASSPATH` environment
variable. This will make boot time much worse, so it's recommended to
use Java 8 until the underlying problem is fixed in the next Clojure
For those who manually installed, `lein upgrade 2.8.0-RC1` will pull in
this version, and `lein downgrade 2.7.1` will back it down to the
previous version if you run into any issues.
Thanks to all the contributors who made this happen!
Description: PGP signature