[LRflex] Re: tulipano

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 00:04:39 -0500

Hi Sonny & Hi Bill,
lovely, lovely image, but the City of Holland, Michigan has been but a short
drive from me for all of my 44yrs. The city is semi-famous worldwide for it's
annual Tulip Festival, heck tour operators in the Netherlands do a brisk
business bringing Dutch Tourists over here to see the thing. Well, for the
Festival and frequently to visit relatives who emmigrated here to West
Michigan.  Anyway, it has made Lovely, Lovely images of Tulips here in West
Michigan as common as pictures of kids blowing out candles. Theyre in Posters,
postcards, tshirts, hats, wooden shoes with tulips on them, you name it. I am a
jaded viewer of Tulipmphotos now. It is kind of bonkers, but The first thing
that strongly occurred to me while I was considerering your image was that the
out of focus areas in the upper left really reminded me of the bokeh rendering
of my R Summicron Fifty!

Shoot More Share More
My jaded eye doesnt decline it's loveliness!

Richard in Michigan

My Sarcasm Fu Is Strong,
Proceed With Caution.  :-)