[LRflex] Re: the beautiful faces... Christmas

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 07:12:37 -0800 (PST)

Hello Group,
Well Said Charlie, your comments are 'Spot On'. For myself, Steve's Dementia
Series is a very, very welcome presence in my inbox. My family & extended
family
is coping with multiple people living with dementia or directly caring for that
person. My Mom is in the mild/moderate stages of Alzheimers and my Girlfriend
Jane's Mom has severe dementia from progressive idiopathic(?) brain damage
(it's
dying away) and Jane's Dad (Mom's primary caregiver) has developed mild
dementia
symptoms which keep him from controlling his blood sugar levels, his sleep
apnea, and his stress coping mechanisms, to the point he becomes a danger to
himself and others. Yes, Appropriate Judicial, Social Services, and Family
steps
are actively in motion.

Steve, please take Dr. Ted's advice to heart. Please contact him off-list,
on-list, by carrier pigeon if need be, and find a way to put these images into
book so they can be shared with the world.

Sincerely,
Richard Ward

 ________________________________

[---Insert Irony Here---]
________________________________

________________________________
From: Charlie Falke <chfalke@xxxxxxx>

Subject: [LRflex] Re: the beautiful faces... Christmas

On 02-Dec-10 5:47 PM, Steve Barbour wrote:
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/dementia/domixmas.jpg.html
>
> M9  Noctilux
>
> thank you,
>
> Steve
Steve,
     Once every few days, I see one of your dementia photos, and my
whole mind is drawn in, and there is nothing but the image, and
the disease, and everybody that has it or gives care to someone who
does.  Very good work, thanks.

--
  Charlie Falke