[LRFlex] Re: re-scanned Dickey Bird

  • From: "Bille Xavier F." <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 08:19:32 +0000

Doug,

It's realy fantastic, aa great change. If only I knew the bird, I could mention it was not brown uniform but of other colors as well.

It means that for each scan, depending on the type of film, you have built curves to match the response of the diodes (the left ones are very painful, according to Marvin).

Recently, I scanned an old bunch of slides but from different emulsions and different quality in processing. it's a pain: http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Galleries/Lahore

Thanks for sharing this information. Cheers.

---------------------------------
Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.

From: Doug Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRFlex] re-scanned Dickey Bird
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 22:47:16 -0700

As promised/threatened a few days ago I've re-scanned the photo of the
Golden-crowned Sparrow.  The previous version is at

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/gcsp00old.jpg

and the new version is at

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/gcsp00.jpg

The biggest differences between the two scans are the scanner's profile and
my use of only Curves rather than levels then curves. The use of only
Curves gives me smoother tonal gradations while the better scanner profile
gives me colors in the scan that are much closer to the original slide (E200
in this case).

Your comments are welcome.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento