[LRflex] Re: nature's warm embrace...

  • From: Steve Barbour <steve.barbour@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 11:52:41 -0800

On Nov 16, 2009, at 5:37 AM, Douglas Sharp wrote:

> I think I'm getting paranoid about bluish casts,  :-)
> I think the only cure will be to get my own M9 and see for myself. :-)

likely a good idea...

> Anyway, on my monitors this looks more like a cold embrace - the M9 seems to
> be producing the same distinct trend towards the blue end of the colour
> spectrum in this shot (cyan-blue) that I also noticed in the gravestone shot
> (blue with a very slight trend towards green), and in a shot posted earlier
> by Hoppy (blue with a cyan trend).
>
> Before anyone asks - yes my monitors are calculated - I already viewed it on
> 2 calibrated flatscreens and a very recently calibrated LaCie CRT.
>
> Steve, are they shot at high-ISO?

no... at ISO 160...

> Could it be that there is a spectral shift at higher ISO levels?
>
> Has anyone else with an M9 observed anything similar?

I haven't been impressed by an M9 camera induced color cast...I think that in
real life objects take on colors depending on the light, that are reflected in
the image....as you know of course, not due to the camera, I recall the colors
actually  looked that way...

Steve