[LRflex] Re: looking into the brain...

  • From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 14:33:34 -0700

Nicolas said and asked:
>>> The 80 is difficult to master.
> Can you give technical details ?<<<
>> I'll be glad if 80-ers fellows have any tip to share concerning its use<<

Hi Nicolas,

The 80 is a beautiful lens at any aperture. But it's spectacular wide open
as it eliminates a considerable amount of garbage in the back ground by
dropping it extremely out of focus and it becomes merely a supporting blotch
of colour or an unidentifiable shade of gray.

I think the best thing one can do when they first receive an 80mm 1.4 is
shoot a huge amount of film or memory card space getting the feel of the
focus ring and the recorded effects at various apertures and distances from
the subject matter.

It truly is a wonderful lens wide open much like using the Noctilux f 1.0 on
an M camera wide open.

ted